DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR RENEWAL
All of the following is required for the renewal and card issuance process:
- Resident permit
- Expired Non-Citizen Card
Step 1 – Purchase of Renewal Scratch Card
All foreign nationals with an expired non-citizen Ghanacard will first purchase a scratch card called the FIMS Renewal scratch card at any CAL Bank branch at a fee of USD 60 or Cedi equivalent at time of registration. Download Renewal form and fill before proceeding to purchase a renewal card. The applicant presents the application form and the FIMS renewal scratch card at the registration centre. Each Scratch card has a serial number and a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Step 2 – Data Capture
- At the registration centre, the applicant fills out the application form with his/her biographic information.
- When the application form is completed, the applicant proceeds to a Data Entry Officer to process the biometric information.
- When needed, a customer service assistant is at hand to help fill in the form.
- The applicant then gives the FIMS Renewal Scratch card and application form (which was given to the applicant when the FIMS Scratch card was purchased) to the Data Entry Officer who verifies the PIN on the FIMS Scratch card and captures the data on the application form into the database.
- The Data Entry Officer also captures the biometric data of the applicant. The biometric data to be captured are:
-Photograph (portrait); and
-Signature on an electronic pad
Step 3 – Instant Card Issuance
The data is processed; the applicant verifies and validates data captured and instantly a Non-citizen Ghanacard is issued.
Features of the Non-citizen Ghanacard
- Security features make forgery and duplication very difficult.
- Holographic laminate displays a unique optical pattern.
- Biometric data including fingerprints and digital signatures are stored as images in an individual’s file.
- Unique Personal Identification Number.
- Personal data can be read automatically in usages that require the holder to provide an identity evidence and authentication.
Where to Register
Foreign nationals who stay in Ghana for a period of at least 90 cumulative days in any given year or those who are permanently resident in the country should go to the permanent registration centres to register for their Non-citizen Ghanacard: