- A national identity card issued to an individual shall be used for the following transactions where identification is required:
- application for and issuance of a passport; (Ghanaians only)
- application for and issuance of a driver’s licence;
- opening of individual or personal bank accounts;
- purchase of insurance policies;
- purchase, transfer and registration of land by an individual or a connected transaction subject to the provisions of other enactments;
- transactions pertaining to individuals in respect of pensions;
- transactions specified under the National Health Insurance Scheme; (Ghanaians only) h) transactions that have social security implications;
- consumer credit transactions; j) registration of voters; (Ghanaians only) k) payment of taxes; l) registration of SIM cards;
- applications for public or Government services, facilities, approvals, permissions, or benefits; and n) any other transaction which the Authority may determine and publish in the Gazette.
- Any organisation that offers any of the services in respect of transactions listed under sub-regulation
- shall demand the presentation of a National Identity Card from the individual concerned before providing the relevant service to the individual.
Note: Sub-sections (a), (g) and (j) are not applicable to eligible foreign nationals.
No Registration, No Service
Any organisation that offers services to foreign nationals shall demand the presentation of a Non-citizen Ghanacard from the individual concerned before providing the relevant service.