Features of the Non-citizen Ghanacard
- Security features make forgery and duplication very difficult.
- Holographic laminate displays a unique optical pattern.
- Biometric data including fingerprints and digital signatures are stored as images in an individual’s file.
- Unique Personal Identification Number.
- Personal data can be read automatically in usages that require the holder to provide an identity evidence and authentication.
Where to Register
Foreign nationals who arrive in Ghana for a period of at least 90 cumulative days in any given year or those who are already living in the country should go to the permanent registration centres to register for their Non-citizen Ghanacard:
All foreign nationals who registered during the mass registration exercise are required to re-register to acquire the Non-Citizen Ghanacard. It is illegal for foreign nationals to use the Ghanacard for citizens.
No Registration, No Service
Any organisation that offers services to foreign nationals shall demand the presentation of a Non-citizen Ghanacard from the individual concerned before providing the relevant service.
All foreign nationals who registered during the mass registration exercise are required to re-register to acquire the Non-Citizen Ghanacard.